The Mystery Room
Drake had only a few moments to escape, and yet he did not. Instead, he very precisely set up the room to send a message. What was the message? Why did Drake not escape when he could? And, above all, where is he? The following is an inventory of the items that appeared out of place in the Library. I will be adding to the list as the week goes by.
- A book, a new addition to the library (Book would know!) entitled “811, The Year of the Rail”. Set in the center of the book like a bookmark is a gnarled black stick. A faded stamp on the inside cover marks it as a library book, though you cannot make out where it is from.
- Behind a bookshelf sits 4 small stacks of 8 coins each. One stack is comprised of copper coins, one silver, one gold and one platinum. Above the stacks is a large, hastily scribbled rune you do not understand. In the center of the stacks is a smaller rune, also unrecognizable. On top of the stack of platinum coins is a drop of blood, still fresh.
- Scribbled on the wall in charcoal is the word ‘Light’.
- A crumpled piece of cardboard tossed amidst the wreckage turns out to be a blank business card, sporting only a lipstick impression.
- An unfamiliar dented copper goblet lies in the corner of the room, upside down, far from any table or desk.
- Two playing pieces are placed prominently on the center of the desk, one black marble, one white. They clearly look like some type of chess piece, but you do not recognize the pieces or the game.
- A half empty bag of Mror Pipeweed lies spilled on the floor – a leaf that Drake despises.
- A small silver coin sits in the shadows below the windowsill, blank on both sides apart from a mark in the center that looks distinctly draconic.
- A small, unmarked gold key lies mostly concealed under the rug in the center of the room.